Hello everyone, we are here again with the details, eligibility and applying process of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2020 (PMAY). As we all know about PMAY Scheme is launched in 2015. This scheme is launched by the government for the people who belongs to (EWS) Economically Weaker Section, (LIG) Lower Income Group, and (MIG) Middle Income Group in India. The main focus and concern of the government is to provide financial support to lower income group people, the government has decided to provide 2 cr. permanent housing units under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana by the year 2022.
New Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana All Details
The main aim of this scheme is to provide housing units to weaker sections people, and for fulfill the requirement of increasing housing units day by day in affordable manner. The main focus of the government is to achieve the success of this housing scheme by March 31 2022; Government has planned to provide 20 million housing units across the nation by the year 2022.
Overview of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana|
|Launched by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Launched date||Year 2015|
|Objective||Housing for all|
|Beneficiary||EWS,LIG.MIG Income Groups Families|
|No of Beneficiary||2 Crore|
|Type of Scheme||Central Govt. Scheme|
|Start date to Apply||Available Now|
|Last Date to Apply||Mach 2022|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Is Divided Into Two Parts
Under PMAY urban scheme government has decided to provide permanent pucca house in urban areas and has 4321 towns and cities under this scheme. Because people who are lives in urban areas they don`t have pucca house they lives in slums area So the government focuses on to provide permanent houses to the people those are belongs to EWS, LIG, and MIG sections.
PMAY Gramin (Rural)
Under PMAY Rural scheme government has decided to provide permanent house in rural areas because people who are lives in rural areas and lives in rented houses. So the government focuses on to provide their own houses to the people those are not able to buy a house on their own by this scheme. Under this scheme people who are located in plains area will receive Rs. 1.2 lakh and the peole who are located in North-Eastern side will receive Rs. 1.3 lakh for constructing their own houses.
This scheme is divided into three phase:-
- To cover 100 cities in states and UD`s by the year April 2015 to March 2017.
- To Add 200 more cities under this scheme by the year April 2017 to March 2019.
- And from know own covering the remaining cities by the year April 2019 to March 2022.
Key Points of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- The candidate families can Comprises of Husband/Wife, unmarried daughter/unmarried son.
- An earning member (Adult), will be treated as own seprate housing unit.
Implementation of PM Awas Yojana 2020
The cost of housing units will be shared between central government and state government, 60:40 for the plain regions and 90:10 for the north-eastern and hilly areas. The total amount of investment in this scheme is Rs. 4,95,838 Crore out of which, Rs. 51,414.5 Crore have already been released.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yajana
There are some eligibility criteria for the candidates which are set by the government.
- The people those are belongs to Economically weaker Section and who`s annual income is 3 lakh.
- People those are belongs to Lower Income Group and who`s annual income in between 3 lakh to 6 lakh.
- The people those are belongs to MIddle Income Group and who`s annual income in between 6 lakh to 12 lakh.
There are some additional beneficiaries in this list but they get these facilities under these criteria:-
- A woman who is belongs to EWS or LIG sections.
- SC/ST and OBC class.
- The candidate must not get the benefits of any other housing scheme issused by the central and state government.
- Candidate must not own a house to fulfill the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility.
What is Benefits Under 3 Components?
Economically weaker sections (EWS), low-income groups (LIGs), middle-income groups (MIGs) fall under the Benefits Under 3 components. These criteria are classified on the basis of family income. For EWS you should have an annual income up to Rs 3 lakh, for LIG more than Rs 3 lakh and up to Rs 6 lakh and for MIG from 6 00 001 to Rs 12 lakh. If you fall under one of these three categories, then you will use the first option Benefits Under 3 Components to fill the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Form.
What is Slum Dwellers?
Areas where there are 60 to 70% Jugi slums and no adequate basic facilities and infrastructure are available and they have been declared slum areas by the government if the people living in such area want to fill Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Form Then he will choose the option of Slum Dwellers
How to Apply Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
There are two following ways for applying Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
PMAY Online Method
- In this method candidate have to visit the official website, and must have their aadhar card for applying process.
- Now at the official website of PM Awas Yojana you will find “Citizen assessment” option
- After visiting the website, go to the Citizen Assessment and go to the link and select an option according to your eligibility from Slum Dwellers and Benefits Under 3 Components.
- Now Choose Appropriate option and mention Aadhaar Number & Name of the Candidate
- After successful verification of Aadhaar number, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Form will open in front of you
- Now fill all the required information in the PMAY Yojana application form correctly and before submitting the file, check once again all the information. After this, submit the application form and print it out and save it for future. Now after successful registration of online application, you will get a registration number, with the help of which you can see your name in the list of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
In this method candidate must have to common service centre (CSC) and fill the applying form which are available there.