The National Institute of Technology in Calicut has always provided education to not only the residents of Calicut city but also to many of the science aspirants across India. Today under this article we will discuss with you all the details of the admission session which is about to begin in NIT Calicut Admission for the year 2020. We will discuss with you the eligibility criteria, application process, cut-offs, admission schedule and all the other related detail of this prestigious college in Calicut.
NIT Calicut Admission
National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC) is one of the many institutions that hold national importance under the NIT Act 2007 as passed by the government. Moreover, it is fully funded by the Government of India. The main motive of the Institute is to provide higher technical education and conduct research in the various branches of Engineering, Science, Technology, and Management. It was established in 1961 as a Regional Engineering College. But later it was transformed into a National Institute of Technology. NITC offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in Engineering, Science, Technology, and Management.
Admission Schedule Of NIT Calicut
The following admission schedule is finalized by the concerned authorities at NITC to carry out different activities related to admissions:-
|Courses||Starting date of Applications||Ending date of Application||Entrance date||PI||Result|
|B.Tech||April 15-16, 2020||April 30, 2020|
|M.Tech/ M.Plan||February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2020||March 2020|
|MBA||January 01, 2020||March 08, 2020||March 19-29, 2020||April 09, 2020|
|MCA||March 01, 2020|
|Ph.D.||September 28, 2020||October 20, 2020||November 22-23, 2020|
Admission Criteria for NIT Calicut
The NITC provide admissions to the students into different courses by following these criteria given below separately for different courses:-
- For B.Tech and B.Arch – The Admission to B.Tech and B.Arch program is done through JEE MAINS.
- For M.Tech and M.Plan – The Admission to M.Tech and M.Plan program is done on the basis of a valid GATE score.
- For M.Sc – The Admission to M.Sc program is done through IIT JAM.
- For MCA – The Admission to the MCA program is done through NIMCET.
- For MBA – The Admission to the MBA program is done through CAT examinations.
- For Ph.D. – The Admission in the Ph.D. course is done when the candidates appear in the entrance test conducted by the institute which is then followed by an interview.
Eligibility Criteria For Admissions inNIT Calicut
To be eligible for the courses mentioned above, the applicants must first clear out the eligibility criteria given below:-
- For B.Tech and B.Arch – For taking admissions in B.Tech or B.Arch, the applicant must have completed 10+2 in PCM subjects with 60% marks from a recognized board. A certain concession is made for certain cases such as – 55% for SC/ST
- For M.Tech – For taking admissions in M.Tech, the applicant must have completed B.Tech with 60% aggregate in all semesters. A certain concession is made for certain cases such as – 55% for SC/ ST/ Others.
- For M.Arch – For taking admissions in M.Arch, the applicant must have completed B.Arch with 60% aggregate in all semesters. A certain concession is made for certain cases such as – 55% for SC/ ST/ Others.
- For M.Sc – For taking admissions in M.Sc, the applicant must have completed graduation in relevant subject with 60% aggregate in all semesters. A certain concession is made for certain cases such as – 55% for SC/ ST/ Others.
- For MBA – For taking admissions in MBA, the applicant must have completed graduation in relevant subject with 60% aggregate in all semesters. A certain concession is made for certain cases such as – 55% for SC/ ST/ Others.
- For MCA – For taking admissions in MCA, the applicant must have completed graduation in relevant subject with 60% aggregate in all semesters.
- For Ph.D. – For taking admissions in Ph.D., the applicant must have completed graduation in relevant subjects with a minimum of 60% marks. A certain concession is made for certain cases such as – 55% for SC/ ST/ Others.
List Of Courses Available In The NITs
There is a wide list of courses present in the NITC to choose from. The list of courses available for the students is given below:-
The following documents are required while you are applying for the admission in NITC courses:-
- Printout of the registration form
- Original Admission Letter
- Original birth certificate
- Four Passport size Colored Photographs
- Class X (High School) mark sheet
- Original mark sheet of Class XII
- Pass Certificate of Class XII
- Aadhaar Card
- Original category Certificate
- Caste certificate
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination for all semesters
- Medical Certificate
- Family Income Certificate
Cut-Offs For NITC
The NITC comes out with the cut-offs list every year. As the cut-off lists for 2020 are not yet disclosed yet, below we have provided expected cut off lists for JEE and GATE entrance exams that take place in NITC every year:-
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||2165-4822||3382-8439|
|B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering||4947-8022||8932-13365|
|B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering||6766-11316||10821-16158|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||7734-12032||6847-15501|
|B.Tech Engineering Physics||8568-14913||9679-18783|
|B.Tech Civil Engineering||15051-20536||15242-23233|
|B.Tech Chemical Engineering||16203-22020||15683-22241|
|B.Tech Production Engineering||22328-25276||22902-26156|
|M.Tech Chemical Engineering||597|
|M.Tech Water Resources Engineering||594|
|M.Tech Offshore Structures||614|
|M.Tech High Voltage Engineering||616|
|M.Tech Environmental Geotechnology||633|
|M.Tech Electronics Design and Technology||637|
|M.Tech Traffic and Transportation Planning||643|
|M.Tech Control Systems and Instrumentation||643|
|M.Tech Telecommunication Engineering||652|
|M.Tech Power System Engineering||654|
|M.Tech Energy Engineering||655|
|M.Tech Microelectronics and VLSI Design||664|
|M.Tech Signal Processing||672|
|M.Tech. Information Security||675|
|M.Tech Nano Science and Technology||675|
|M.Tech Industrial Power And Automation||687|
|M.Tech Material Science and Engineering||690|
|M.Tech Structural Engineering||715|
|M.Tech Manufacturing Technology||724|
|Master of Planning Urban Planning||727|
|M.Tech Thermal Engineering||742|
|M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||747|
|M.Tech Industrial Engineering & Management||747|
|M.Tech Power Electronics||767|
|M.Tech Machine Design||793|
How To Fill Up The Application Form For NIT Calicut
There is a very easy process to apply for any of the above-mentioned courses. You can just follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website of NIT Calicut.
- If you are applying for B.Tech, then you can register yourself through the website of JEE MAINS.
- Similarly, you can also register through the main website of GATE.
- Register yourself on the website by providing basic information.
- After registering yourself, fill up the application form.
- Submit all the asked documents.
- Tick the declaration after carefully reading it.
- Click on submit