The National Institute of Technology provides knowledge and scientific qualification to the students who enroll themselves in the institution. Today under this article we will provide you with all the details about the National Institution of Technology. We will also try to put forward each and every related detail of the admission that will take place in 2020 for the NITs. We have also provided a list of courses available in the institutions. Application procedure, required documents, etc are also mentioned. Plus tips and tricks to fill up the application form are also provided.
NIT Admission 2020
As mentioned above the National Institute of Technology is a very broad and big concept in our country. Every year around 30 lacs students enroll themselves in the entrance examinations that take place in the institutions. The NITs are not only one college, but a whole body of education present in the whole of India. Across India, there are a number of NITs branches available to impart knowledge for all of the science enthusiasts and learners. This year also there is a huge rush for the admissions that will be taking place in the upcoming year of 2020.
Admission Criteria For National Institute of Technology Admission
As mentioned above the National Institute of Technology offers three different courses to the eligible candidates. The admission criteria for different courses is different :-
- B.Tech – The Admission to B.Tech program is done through JEE MAINS.
- M.Tech – The Admission to M.Tech program is done on the basis of a valid GATE score.
- PhD – The Admission in the PhD course is done when the candidates appear in the entrance test conducted by the institute which is then followed by an interview.
List Of Courses Available In National Institute of Technology
Shortly now the National Institute of Technology will be announcing the dates for their entrance exams. All the interested candidates can check out the proper dates from time to time from the official website of the NITs. The NITs, however, offers the following courses to apply from:-
List of National Institute of Technology (NITs) Present In I ndia
These colleges are present to impart knowledge to all the science aspirants and thus are a part of the National Institute of Technology:-
|Name of NIT|
|NIT Allahabad (MNNIT)|
|NIT Bhopal (MANIT)|
|NIT Calicut (NITC)|
|NIT Hamirpur (NITH)|
|NIT Jaipur (MNIT)|
|NIT Jalandhar (NITJ)|
|NIT Jamshedpur (NITJSR)|
|NIT Kurukshetra (NITKKR)|
|NIT Nagpur (VNIT)|
|NIT Rourkela (NITRKL)|
|NIT Silchar (NITS)|
|NIT Karnataka (NITK)|
|NIT Warangal (NITW)|
|NIT Durgapur (NITDGP)|
|NIT Srinagar (NITSRI)|
|NIT Surat (SVNIT)|
|NIT Trichy (NITT)|
|NIT Patna (NITP)|
|NIT Raipur (NITRR)|
|NIT Agartala (NITA)|
|NIT Arunachal Pradesh (NITAP)|
|NIT Delhi (NITD)|
|NIT Goa (NITG)|
|NIT Manipur (NITMN)|
|NIT Meghalaya (NITM)|
|NIT Mizoram (NITMZ)|
|NIT Nagaland (NITN)|
|NIT Puducherry (NITPY)|
|NIT Sikkim (NITSKM)|
|NIT Uttarakhand (NITUK)|
|NIT Andhra Pradesh (NITANP)|
Application Fee For NITs Entrance Exam
There is different application fee finalized for different courses in the NITs. The fee structure for different courses is given below:-
- For B.Tech – The Admission fee for the B.Tech program is Rs, 650/-
- For M.Tech – The Admission fee for the M.Tech program is Rs, 1500/-. Although certain concession is made for certain people such as INR. 750/- for Women, SC, ST, and PWD candidates.
Eligibility Criteria For Admissions in NITs
There are different eligibility criteria finalized for different courses in NITs:-
- For B.Tech – For taking admissions in B.Tech, the applicant must have completed 10+2 in PCM subjects with 75% marks from a recognized board. A certain concession is made for certain cases such as – 65% for SC/ST
- For M.Tech – For taking admissions in B.Tech, the applicant must have completed B.Tech with 60% aggregate in all semesters. A certain concession is made for certain cases such as – 55% for SC/ ST/ Others.
- For Ph.D. – For taking admissions in B.Tech, the applicant must have completed a Two-year M.Tech with graduation in Engineering and a minimum of 60% marks. A certain concession is made for certain cases such as – 55% for SC/ ST/ Others.
The following documents are required while you are applying for the admission in any of the NITs courses:-
- Printout of the registration form
- Original Admission Letter
- Original birth certificate
- Four Passport size Colored Photographs
- Class X (High School) mark sheet
- Original mark sheet of Class XII
- Pass Certificate of Class XII
- Aadhaar Card
- Original category Certificate
- Caste certificate
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination for all semesters
- Medical Certificate
- Family Income Certificate
How To Fill Up The Application Form For NITs
To fill up the application form for ceratin courses in NITs, you have to follow these simple steps:-
- First, visit the official websites designated for the courses.
- Visit the JEE website for admission to B.Tech.
- Visit the GATE website for admission to M.Tech.
- Register yourself on the website by providing basic information.
- After registering yourself, fill up the application form.
- Submit all the asked documents.
- Tick the declaration after carefully reading it.
- Click on submit
- Pay the application fee as mentioned above.
Selection Procedure For Admissions
After you will fill up the application form, the following selection process will be undertaken by the college authorities:-
- For B.Tech – Admission in B.Tech will be provided on the basis of JEE Main scores.
- For M.Tech – Admission in M.Tech will be provided on the basis of GATE Main scores.
- For Ph.D. – Admission in Ph.D. will be provided on the basis of three stages such as —
- Screening – First the screening
will be done by the concerned authorities. In this stage eligibility of the
candidate will be verified.
- Entrance Test – If the applicant qualifies in screening, the entrance test will be conducted.
- Interview – Finally the interview will be taking place.
Cut Off Marks Of Entrance Exams
The following tables will provide the cut-offs finalized for different entrance exams.
- For JEE Mains
- For Ph.D. – At least 40% of marks are needed for the admission in this specific course.
Merit and Waiting List Of The Examinations
After you have successfully given all the entrance tests for your desired courses, the next step to undertake is to wait for the merit and the waiting list of the examinations. You can check the waiting list of the examination on the official website of your college. Just go the official website of the college through which you have given your entrance and search for your merit list.
Preparation Tips For Entrance Examinations
We all know that the entrance examinations shape a big part of a student’s career. Mainly the tough entrance such as – JEE or GATE. These exams shape our future and make us capable of something big. So we have to make sure that there is exactly no mistake in these kinds of entrance exams. Given below are some tips that can be beneficial for you if you are going to appear in any of the above-mentioned entrance exams next year:-
- First and the foremost tip is to make sure that you have the correct timetable for your examinations. Download the timetable only from an authentic plus official website. Also, make sure to download the timeline of the current year.
- Secondly, the syllabus must be up to date. Make sure that you have the latest and updated syllabus for the examinations.
- Prepare a timeline for your exams. Make sure that you have covered each and every aspect of the syllabus.
- Do not leave any topic for the last minute.
- Try sample papers.
- Practice as much as you can.
- Do not just read but write also. It is scientifically proven that writing down notes helps in better learning.
- Do not panic.
- Be confident in yourself.
- Try to understand the context. Do not mug up theories.
- Take short breaks frequently while studying.